MAINTAIN MOTIVATION MOMENTUM!
In today’s world, it’s a challenge to maintain an upbeat, positive attitude – especially when you start – and end – your day with the news. Sure, it’s necessary to be informed, but if you’re soaking in all that negativity and bad stuff, positivity can flee from you like a fugitive you see on the latest broadcast.
Negativity affects every aspect of your life:
- Health (Mental, Physical, Social, Spiritual)
People who possess and maintain a positive attitude experience healthier, better lives. Don’t believe it? Here are some statistics:
- “According to the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology (Vol. 83, No. 2, pages 261-270), is one of many (studies) over the past several years that have begun to suggest that your personality, attitude toward aging and other psychosocial variables might help either grant you extra years or shorten your life. Personality and attitude may also influence your physical and mental abilities as you age.”
- “According to Management Help: A person’s attitude represents how they feel or their state of mind about something. For example, one can have a good (or positive) attitude toward their work, usually meaning that they feel good about their work, their job, their organization, etc.”
For a great family life according to http://life.familyeducation.com/ , theh say the number one value is Be loving. It’s the greatest gift and blessing. It’s the basis of all relationships and morality. The more love and kindness you give, the more you receive. Remember that the best gift you can give your child, your partner, your friends and yourself is YOU: your time, your attention, and your love
So, here are a few ways to start, maintain and end your day:
- Limit your news time – and don’t watch it right before you go to sleep.
- Meditate in the morning and at night. It’ll rebalance your mental, emotional and spiritual equilibrium.
- Exercise. Exercise gets the blood and endorphins flowing; just wait for that rush to begin! (Don’t do this at night – you’ll never sleep!)
- Read something inspirational: a poem, a story, a speech
- Watch something inspirational: a video, a movie, an interview
- Hug your pet
- Kiss your children
- Do something for yourself to keep your life headed in the direction YOU want.
What are some of the positive ways YOU start, experience and end your day?